In transit… Virgin Trains East Coast

My thoughts on the new look East Coast service provided by Virgin and Stagecoach for new travel blog The Attraction Place.

The Attraction Place

Being a semi-regular commuter, trains can be both a godsend and a pain at times. Yes, it frees up some time to catch up on the Metro, check out which celebrity wore that dress [!?!] or simply look out of the window and count sheep. However for most, privatised rail travel means ever-increasing rail fares, noisy passengers, strange smells and an almost impossible number of delays.

Travelling from Leeds to Peterborough recently, it was apparent that change was in the air for East Coast as we know it. Pamphlets, reservation cards and public information posters all had the famous Virgin branding on it, different to the grey and purple we’d come accustomed to. From the front it appeared that Virgin were key shareholders in the project, however in reality the company only own 10% of the shares – with Stagecoach vying for the other 90%.

East Coast Trains (as…

View original post 220 more words

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a website or blog at WordPress.com

Up ↑